The Shuert Advantage
Why use Shuert products?
- Shuert Technologies uses only premium resins.
- Polyethylene (95% of our material use) is Exxon/Mobil high molecular weight, high density polyethylene.
- This material is 100% reusable and recyclable.
- We have a stable, highly trained workforce, and a lean hands-on management team.
- Shuert Technologies is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.
- Over 40 years experience in Thermoforming.
Advantages of Twin-Sheet Thermoforming
- Low cost tooling, usually less than 1/4 the cost of injection molding and blow molding.
- Lead time on tooling is usually 8 – 12 weeks for fully capable production tools.
- Co-extrusion of sheet provides an opportunity for cap layers of other compatible materials to achieve non-skid, or scuff resistant finishes.
- textured surfaces can either be achieved at extrusion, or etched into molds and formed on parts.
- Material thickness of finished part can be changed, simply by extruding a different gauge of sheet. No tooling modifications are necessary.
- Structural strength is derived by creating section, much like a truss.
- Individual sheets are held in sheer by bonding of the two sheets.
- Strength of a twin sheet part is dramatically increased compared to a part of the same pounds of plastic in a single sheet configuration.
- Twin sheet thermoforming accommodates the insertion of other objects between the two sheets, such as steel reinforcements.
- The starting gauge of the two sheets can be different from each other, allowing us to put the material only where it is needed. Maximizing strength while minimizing part weight.
- Internal pressure applied to a twin sheet part aids in the adhesion of carpet and other compatible materials to the outer skin of parts. Allows the application of material without adhesives.